Bio – John Hope Bryant
Mr. Bryant is a featured speaker at the upcoming UFSC 2017 National Leadership Summit
Warning: Illegal string offset 'ruler_type' in /var/www/ml/mlpender2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/unyson/framework/extensions/shortcodes/shortcodes/divider/views/view.php on line 5
Warning: Illegal string offset 'ruler_type' in /var/www/ml/mlpender2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/unyson/framework/extensions/shortcodes/shortcodes/divider/views/view.php on line 9
Posted from: http://johnhopebryant.com/about-2
An entrepreneur that founded a group of for profit companies and non-profit organizations focusing on “doing well” and “doing good” in the world.
- “There is a difference between broke and being poor. Being broke is a temporary economic condition, but being poor is a disabling frame of mind and a depressed condition of your spirit and you must vow to never, ever be poor again.”
- My vision for the poor, the under-served and the wealthless of the world is to help them see themselves — differently. We can do this by helping to expose, to educate, to empower and ultimately to inspire them. To help them become “dreamers, with shovels in their own hands,” quoting my friend Dr. Dorothy Height.
- To see themselves for what and who they truly already are; rich in spirit. Assets and not liabilities on the world’s global balance sheet.
- Because, I have seen, time and again, that given an informed choice, the poor do not want a hand out, but simply a hand up. They want the dignity that comes from doing for self.
- That education is the ultimate poverty eradication tool and when you know better, you tend to do better.
- Moving from civil rights to silver rights. From integrating the lunch counter, to integrating the dollar too.
That low-wealth communities, the world over, represent future emerging markets waiting to be born.
That one person can make a difference and we are that one person. That we are all accountable and responsible for the world we live in, because it is literally the world we create. A little hope can make the difference.
A natural entrepreneur, John Hope Bryant became a businessman early in life with a modest, but life changing, $40 investment from his mother in his first business idea at the age of 10. John Hope Bryant is a ‘silver rights’ entrepreneur and businessman, author, thought leader, philanthropist and the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Operation HOPE and Bryant Group Ventures. Bryant has been an advisor to the last three sitting U.S. presidents, whose work has been recognized by the last five (5) U.S. presidents. On February 26, 2014, Bryant was appointed by President Obama to serve on his new U.S. President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability for Young Americans, focused on the next generation of young leaders.
Mr. Bryant is one of the only bestselling authors on economics in the world today who happens to also be African-American. How The Poor Can Save Capitalism: Rebuilding The Path to the Middle Class (Barrett-Koehler) was selected as the Best Business Book for Economics & Finance for 2014 by 800-CEOREAD, the Best Business Book for Sustainability in 2014 by Business+Strategy and as one of the Essence Magazine Top 10 Best Books for 2014. Bryant is a TIME Magazine 50 (Leaders) for the Future (1994′ cover story) and an Oprah’s Angel Network award recipient.
Bryant created Bryant Group Ventures, Bryant Group Companies, Bryant Speaks, Bryant Group Real Estate, Bryant Group Africa LLC, Bryant Group Motorsports Group (in development) and Bryant Group Racing (in development).
Bryant founded Operation HOPE, HOPE Global Forums, HOPE Global Initiatives, Operation HOPE, South Africa, Operation HOPE, Saudi Arabia, Operation HOPE, Morocco, Operation HOPE, United Arab Emirates, HOPE Inside, HOPE Business In A Box Academies, Banking on Our Future, Banking on Our Future, College Edition, HOPE Coalition America, DFRScore.org (Disaster Financial Recovery Score), EFFAK (Emergency Financial First Aid Kit for FEMA), Project 5117, 5 MILION KIDS Initiative, HOPE Corps, HOPE FILE (Fellows, Interns & Loaned Executives) Program, HOPE Office of Innovation, Research & Assessment.
Bryant co-founded Wikia-HOPE Global Money Initiative, Gallup-HOPE Index and Global Dignity.
Read More at: http://johnhopebryant.com/biography