Celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
UFSC Richmond Chapter is collaborating with Boaz and Ruth, and Fifth Street Baptist Church to host the 18th annual community program to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. At this event, the community will be inspired by the recipients of the Drum Major for Excellence Awards.
The program will be concluded by a symbolic candlelight march that will be led by the Girls and Boys Scouts. The community will enjoy special presentations from the following:
- State Senator Jennifer McClella, Keynote Speaker
- St. James Baptist Church Choir, under the direction of Jerel Crockett, Music Director
- Soloist, Minister Alan Curtis, Fifth Street Baptist Church
- Emmanuel Christian, 9th Grader, Henrico High School
- Kenlee Reynolds, 5th Grader, Linwood Holton Elementary School
In the spirit of helping others, this year, attendees are invited to bring a donation(s) of socks, gloves, or hats to be given to the homeless. These everyday winter season items can make a difference with both survival and dignity for the homeless in the Metro Richmond area. The program is scheduled;
Date: Monday, January 20, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Venue: Fifth Street Baptist Church, 2800 Third Avenue, Richmond, Virginia 23222.