- This event has passed.
Beyond the Election: What Do We Do Next?
Urban Financial Services Coalition (UFSC) invites you to a special roundtable discussion entitled “Beyond the Election: What Do We Do Next?” on Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 6:30 pm, eastern standard time. Ola Truelove, UFSC National President, and Julia A. Gayles, Communication Coordinator (Retired), Mayor’s Office City & County of Denver will lead an engaging hour of discussion and audience participation on what’s next now that the elections are over and the new political leaders have been decided. The discussion will focus on some of these following topics:
- How do you feel about the outcome of the election?
- What impacts do you think the outcome of the 2020 elections will have on the financial services industry?
- What impacts do you think the outcome of the 2020 elections will have on African Americans and other communities of color?
- How do we heal the deep divisions in this country?
- What’s expected of us now?
- What are the issues that need continued community input, and how do I keep these issues alive before the community?
- What are WE willing to do? Who needs to be engaged?
- How can we hold the elected officials and ourselves accountable?
- As we prepare for 2021, what should individuals, their companies, and Urban Financial Services Coalition focus on to move the African American community forward?
- What are the current programs and strategies that are working well to help African Americans break through barriers in the financial services industry?
Urban Financial Services Coalition is a non-partisan and non-profit organization. The views expressed during the meeting are the views of the individuals participating in the discussion and are not the views of the organization.
Urban Financial Services Coalition
Ola Truelove is National President of the Urban Financial Services Coalition (UFSC) and Vice President and Business Solutions Relationship Manager with Central Bank of the Midwest, a Lee’s Summit, MO-based, FDIC-insured bank. Central Bank of the Midwest is an affiliate of Central Bancompany, a $13.4 billion holding company founded in 1902 and based in Jefferson City, MO. Prior to joining Central Bank 5 years ago, Ola worked at U.S. Bank for 20 years and at Commerce Bank for 18 years. Ola’s career in the financial services industry includes management positions in the areas of Transit/Check Operations, Lockbox and Treasury Management Sales.
Julia A. Gayles
Communication Coordinator (Retired)
Mayor’s Office City & County of Denver
Julia A. Gayles, Communication Coordinator (Retired) Mayor’s Office City & County of Denver – For the past 17 years, Julia has worked in the City & County of Denver’s office. In this capacity, she is responsible for writing letters and proclamations to acknowledging significate occasion, historical or cultural events important to the residents of Denver. Prior to service to the City and County of Denver, Julia was employed in the financial services industry, Operations Division, for 30 years. She is a charter member of the Mile High Bankers Consortium, Inc., and was the Vice President of Convention Planning for the National Association of Urban Bankers from 1983-1986.
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Time: 6:30 pm, EST.
Location: Virtual and hosted on ZOOM
Recorded: Yes, this call will be recorded.
Register here at https://UFSCBeyondElection.eventbrite.com